The concept of the Mastermind Group was formally introduced by Napoleon Hill in the early 1900’s when he wrote “Think and Grow Rich”.
“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.” – Napoleon Hill
The beauty of Mastermind Groups is that participants raise the bar by challenging each other to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support each other with total honesty and respect. Mastermind participants act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues.
Being part of a Mastermind group can provide you with the following benefits:
• A solid support network
• Being held accountable for you progress
• A platform to share ideas
• Knowledge and experience of others
• A sounding board for new ideas and concepts
Typically, Mastermind groups meet on a monthly basis (online or offline) to brainstorm and discuss matters of interest to the group. All members should be committed to the group and “give” and “take” in equal measures. The group facilitator organises and runs the meeting, ensuring that all members get benefit from the discussions.
If you are not yet part of a Mastermind group, search online to join one or create your own group. When scouting for potential members, keep the following in mind:
• Each member should be able to commit to the meetings
• Each member should be willing to share knowledge and skills with the group
• Member experience and skill levels can differ – create variety
• Members should be driven to achieve/exceed their own goals
• Members should be inspiring, energetic and motivating (avoid negative energy)
Are you part of a Mastermind group?
Tiana Wilson-Buys is a “Get Stuff Done” Business Coach and Productivity Strategist. She offers a free 10-Day Time-Saving Tactics programme via e-mail which you can find here.